Adept have been recognised by Raising The Bar for being a Responsible Business.
Adept supports various activities to meet it’s local Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) priorities. These include:
2 days optional volunteering for every member of staff
Corporate Fund raisers
Up skilling the future workforce
- Adept are part of the Apprenticeship scheme run by Leeds College of Building, and have employed at least one new Apprentice every year since 2009.
- Continuous professional development is of high importance to Adept to enable the growth of our skilled workforce. We provide training through ONC/HNC to degree and onto institution membership.
- Adept are involved with local schools and universities to offer students and Under Graduates work placements and industry experience, anything from a week to a year.
- We get involved with other large contractor CSR initiatives such as Building My Skills delivered by ESH (Business in the Community WINNER)
- This year we will become involved in the Mentoring programme delivered by Career Ready.
Raising the Bar is a business initiative delivered by West & North Yorkshire Chamber of Commerce and sponsored by Provident Financial plc. Local priorities may vary from place to place, or may change over time, but they always include actions under the headings of community, education, economy and environment.
Business can help to tackle local priorities by taking actions in these categories. By getting involved in your local community, sponsoring awards, speaking in schools, judging competitions, making donations – you can be recognised by Raising The Bar.